Greece: exceeded the speed limit – say bye to the car!
RU EN

Greece: exceeded the speed limit – say bye to the car!

News  
03-20-2024
 
Source: Lyubov Ivanova
In March of this year, cars were confiscated from fans of fast driving in Greece. Of course, this did not affect all violators of the speed limit, but only those who exceeded the speed by 60 km in populated areas or 70 km outside their limits, as well as when reaching a speed of 220 km / h on highways.

Such cruel measures concern not only the citizens of the country, but also all its guests. According to the statistical agency Elstat, most fatal traffic accidents on Greek roads happen precisely because of speeding.

The car rental is already being sold at specialized auctions. 70% of the funds received will go to the Greek Road Safety Fund, and the remaining 30% will be taken over by local police departments.

At the same time, foreign drivers will not be able to avoid punishment not only for violating the speed limit. The European Union is expanding the list of traffic violations requiring cross-border intervention. These now also include drunk driving, driving through a traffic light, dangerous overtaking, improper parking, crossing a solid line and fleeing the scene of an accident.

To implement the new rules in the EU, it was decided to create an online portal where violators will be recorded, regardless of which EU country the car is registered in, the accrued fines, as well as payment methods and appeal options in case of disagreement with them.
# Greece
More
06-14-2024
Greece without the Acropolis: Heatwave Shuts Down Tourist Landmark
The scorching heatwave that has gripped Greece has left tourists without one of the country's most iconic landmarks: the Acropolis. Due to abnormally high temperatures, life in the country has come to a standstill
06-14-2024
New Photo Exhibitions Open at the Rosa Khutor Resort
The My Russia Ethnopark, located on an area of 3.3 hectares, presents the architecture, history, everyday life and cultural traditions of different peoples of our country
06-14-2024
Water Quality in the Ob River to Be Assessed During Scientific Expedition in Yamal
Scientists from Salekhard, Tyumen, and Barnaul will conduct the annual ecological monitoring of water quality in the Ob River
06-14-2024
"SenoFest" to Be Held in the Open-Air Museum "Malye Korely" in July
The ethno-jazz festival "SenoFest" will be held on July 13 and 14 at the open-air museum "Malye Korely" in the Arkhangelsk Region
06-14-2024
One of Vladivostok's Cleanest Beaches Opens to Tourists
The press service of the "Land of the Leopard" National Park reported that from June 15, tourists will be able to visit one of the cleanest and most picturesque beaches of Vladivostok, which is part of the Far Eastern Marine Reserve - Pogranichnaya Bay